Yes, I am back hence the new post. I have a cold now from being away from my family. Culture shock has not ceased to strike me the oddest ways. As I remember how to blog, here isan interesting article sent to me by a friend...I wish I had known about this place before. Maybe I would have stayed there. Maybe not. If any of you have ever read Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman you will understand what I mean...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/07/16/wkenya16.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/07/16/ixworld.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/08/AR2005070801775.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
welcome back... we missed you.
good post.
I've heard about this community of women when they were featured in True Love Magazine. Ironically, their amazing story of survival in a groundswell of patriarchy and the subsequent media coverage, is threatening the haven they have built.
Will pass on this story to the KNHCR in Nairobi, perhaps they can look into the claims of harassment and put pressure on the GoK to protect the women or at least scare off the men predators.
Heey-you're back..yay!
Good to have you back.Seems rural Kenyan attitudes still have a long long way to go.
Post a Comment